Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Here is a fun site for all British readers wondering who to vote for at the General Election (and do vote or we make a mockery of democracy). I was greatly relieved to find I support the right party. My main disagreement with the Tories is I would keep university tuition fees which they want to abolish. Here's my results:
Who should I vote for?

Your expected outcome:

Conservative

Your actual outcome:


Labour -8
Conservative 47
Liberal Democrat -48
UK Independence Party 40
Green 2


You should vote: Conservative

The Conservative Party is strongly against joining the Euro and against greater use of taxation to fund public services. The party broadly supported the Iraq war and backs greater policing and ID cards. The Tories are against increasing the minimum wage above the rate of inflation, and have committed to abolishing university tuition fees. They support 'virtual vouchers' for private education.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For

Comments or questions? Post them at Bede's dedicated yahoo group

No comments: